Monday 22 September 2014

Day 3

Day Three. I woke up in the morning screaming. I left to sniff the fresh air and when I returned I realised I was being followed. It's a welcome change to see something that isn't trying to kill me and eat my flesh.
I spent a busy day with my carpentry skills, but whenever I looked up I saw it staring at me. It's got a creepy death stare on it that makes me want to run and hide... but it's a harmless chicken, isn't it?

I decide to name the chicken Derek. Derek is as good a name as any. I can watch him run around all day long. No, get off the ramparts, Derek, they're not for chickens. No! Bad Derek!

Because I love Derek so much I've decided to plant a tree. Make the cave a little nice, you know? Trees look beautiful. To be honest it's growing out of a square cube of dirt in the shade, and it will never get any sun, but still. Points for trying, eh?
I TOLD YOU TO GET OFF THE RAMPARTS DEREK~!
Then they came. I saw one of them... how did he get in? I drew my axe and leapt at him, the stone head cutting into his green flesh. Disgusting, and a rank smell to go with it.
I smote his ruin upon the stone floor and laughed as he gasped for his dying breath. I was the superior predator. I was king of the cave.
 Derek? I realised then that I had lost Derek. I hadn't realised before but... even though we had only been together for a single day... he was the closest thing I had to a friend. I searched for him all around, terrified he had been turned into fried chicken for the zombie's dinner.
Thank God. Derek. Get inside you little scamp. My day was just about over and the snow was beginning to set in. Time to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment