Friday 5 September 2014

Day 1, Morning

.
I woke up this morning next to a tree. The snow is cold on my feet and my head hurts, but I have no recollection as to who I am or where I am. All I know is that I'm wearing blue pants, a teal shirt, and I seem to have lost my shoes.






When I looked around I saw a strange world with mountains shaped like stepped Mayan (or maybe Aztec?) pyramids. Here's hoping there's no sacrificial altar at the top. I smelled blueberries but couldn't see any blueberry bushes.




 After wandering around I found this strange-looking mountain in the middle of the snowy plains. The outcrop at the top seemed to defy gravity in the most peculiar way, and the snaking waterfall diminished even as I watched. I noticed a cave set into the cliff face and decided to make for it. There is precious little else to do in this wasteland, and I must find a way to escape the cold.


On the way to the cave I saw a small tree and decided to make a few tools to help me out before I explored the depths of the cave I saw. I have nothing but my fists but I feel like my life has been a hard one, and I know I am resourceful.

I managed to make a few plank boxes and sticks, and a little table. It turns out I'm pretty handy. I just punched the wood and somehow it all came out okay.
After my brilliant crafting of a sword and a pickaxe I've decided to approach the cave. I can see it is a cavernous expanse, far greater than I had expected. As I write this I must note, for any who happen to hear my tale, that I am frightened. I don't know what awaits me in this dark hellhole but I know that I must explore it. I must find answers, and I must survive the cold. God help me I must enter.

2 comments:

  1. This piece has a surrealistic dream quality about it, Stephen. Nice graphics too!

    ReplyDelete